Monday, November 23, 2009

Who Am I With?

So, who am I onboard with? There are about 3,500 people on this Cruise to Nowhere. A combination of media folks like me, travel agents, Royal Caribbean executives from around the world and preferred guests. There’s also a celebrity or two- if you can call the lady from The Little People a celebrity.


We’ve docked 12 miles out to sea so we can fully enjoy the amenities that the Oasis has to offer. And let me tell you, you’ll never be bored. From enjoying the outdoor beauty of Central Park to learning to boogie board and surf to riding a carousel in the Boardwalk. Even zip lining! Which I won’t be trying, due to my aversion to heights. Oh yeah, there’s a spa and a fitness center. Last night after dinner, my cabin mate, Shannon, and I found a running track. Two-point-four laps equals a mile, or if you’re really industrious, you can do a 5K. With only 36 hours on board, I’m having a hard time deciding what to do!

The other folks I’m traveling with are Gala and Doug Reitz, and Gala’s daughter, Shannon. Gala and Doug (a pilot with American Airlines) run A Travel Crew travel agency; and Shannon runs a travel agency as well (I think it’s called My Travel Paradise. Not sure, but Wynonna Judd is following her on Twitter!). Both agencies are affiliated with YTB. Gala graciously invited me on this great cruise, and I’m most appreciative!

No comments:

Post a Comment