Monday, November 23, 2009

Safety First

We had our obligatory safety drill just before departing. Each guests SailAway card has their lifeboat section written on it, so it’s easy to know where to go – nothing to remember. My is F4, so I headed to the Opus Dining Room on the 5th floor to watch a safety video (the audio ran out for part about a minute). Not that I’m a glass-half-empty kind of person, but I have no idea how 6K people would get off this ship in a timely manner. It was pretty tough with the 3,500 folks here are on board now. My friend Sarah, who’s a former cruise line worker, had this advice for me before I left: “Know where every exit is, because that ship is a disaster waiting to happen.” I hope that never happens. Here’s my glass-half-full reaction… didn’t it take the Titanic 3 hours to sink? Hopefully, that would be enough time to get passengers on lifeboats!

No comments:

Post a Comment